Top 10 Reasons Students Should Attend the March for Life
Millennials and Generation Z are pro-life generations.
A wild, wild west of abortion on demand was unleashed in the infamous Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling. When combined with another case Doe v. Bolton, it permitted abortion in the United States through all nine months, for any reason whatsoever and sometimes paid for by taxpayer monies. Yes, you read that right. An extreme U.S. abortion policy has allowed the ending of pre-born life on a scale few imagined in 1973 when the ruling became law. And every year since then, people have peacefully protested the human rights issue of our time with a march. The issue: LIFE and whether it loses its value when in the womb.
Anyone who has ever attended the March for Life knows that it’s the pro-life generation which makes up the fast and energetic majority of marchers braving the cold to be a voice for the voiceless. So here are the top 10 reasons to head to the nation’s capital January 19 and stand with Students for Life of America and the #pro-life generation.
Top 10 Reasons to March for Life:
- Meet hundreds of thousands of other young, pro-life activists. Millennials and Generation Z are the #Pro-Life Generation!
- Attend the national Students for Life of America Conference. It’s the day after the March. It will help build your skills for effective advocacy. We want to work with you!
- Put your fierce social media skills to work by documenting thousands working together to protect young life. Set the record straight! Share your story.
- Hear from influential pro-life leaders who know how to make an effective argument for life. Learn from the Pro-Life Majority!
- Show the world that the United States embraces life and rejects abortion despite our crazy policies.
- Meet your future, pro-life spouse (Yes, it has happened!)
- Visit the nation’s capital and participate in largest annual civil rights march of our time. This is your time. This is your fight.
- Get free signs and other bling from Students for Life of America!
- Be a difference maker by showing parents in need that you support them. Fight for the rights of mothers and their pre-born children. Pregnancy is not a disease. Abortion is not a cure. Support help for mothers!
- Let office holders know you don’t want your tax dollars wasted by supporting abortion vendors. You work hard for your money, and abortion is not healthcare! Stop by your elected officials’ offices and remind them you vote for life!
And after you head back home, stay plugged in and active. Students for Life of America has more than 1,200 chapters in all 50 states across the country. Connect with us @Students4LifeHQ, Facebook, Instagram, and elsewhere. We want to hear from you, and together, let’s make a difference for the least of these.
Kristan Hawkins (@KristanHawkins) is president of Students for Life of America.