The Stream is a national daily championing freedom, smaller government and human dignity. Offering both original content and the best from across the web, The Stream challenges the worst in the mainstream media while offering a rich and lively source for breaking news, inspiration, analysis and entertainment.
- In an age drowning in misleading content, The Stream provides knowledge and keen editorial discernment.
- In an age when people of faith are isolated in silos and marginalized from the public square, The Stream breaks down the false divides between the sacred and profane, between faith and reason.
- In an age of division, The Stream cultivates the high common ground shared by evangelicals, Catholics and Orthodox Christians, including important ground shared by Jews and Christians.
- In an age bent on quarantining “social conservatism” from “fiscal conservatism,” The Stream presses the truth that freedom divorced from virtue cannot long endure.
- In an age of over-specialization, The Stream covers everything from U.S. and global politics to business, technology, economics, religion, family, the arts, health, humor and inspiration.
- In an age of chaos, The Stream provides clarity and coherence.
The following Ten Principles motivate us, define our mission, guide our thinking and shape our policy preferences:
- Every human being has equal value and dignity.
- We are inherently and specifically social.
- Marriage and the family are the fundamental social institutions.
- We can know God and moral truth.
- Judeo-Christian religious faith guards our freedom.
- We’re all sinners.
- We need a state strong enough to protect and maintain the rule of law but limited enough
not to violate it.
- We are meant to be free and responsible.
- When we’re free, we can create wealth and value.
- Culture comes before politics.
To read more about our Ten Principles, go here.