The Stream is a rich and reliable source for breaking news, analysis, and inspiration. A champion for life, freedom, and unity in the Body of Christ, The Stream was launched to equip Christians to think clearly about the moral, political, and economic issues of the day. The Stream brings together many voices from among Evangelicals, Catholics and Orthodox Christians, and offers deep wisdom and insight through original content and the best from across the web.
The Stream content is also provided in a handy, easy-to-use app, available for both Apple and Android phones. Special app-only features allow you to customize your user experience: Bookmark your favorite articles. Subscribe to your favorite authors. Adjust font size for easy readability. And quickly share articles with your friends and family.
The mission of The Stream is to help people of faith wrestle with the difficult issues facing our nation and culture and inspire them to action. The Stream seeks to unite the divided and seek the common good. The ultimate goal of The Stream is to inspire a national, spiritual renewal.
The Stream is dedicated to the proposition that widespread political, economic and religious freedom sprang from the cultural soil of the Christian West for a reason and is unsustainable apart from that soil. The Stream affirms and promotes the truth that freedom divorced from virtue cannot long endure.
The following Ten Principles motivate us, define our mission, guide our thinking and shape our policy preferences:
- Every human being has equal value and dignity.
- We are inherently and specifically social.
- Marriage and the family are the fundamental social institutions.
- We can know God and moral truth.
- Judeo-Christian religious faith guards our freedom.
- We’re all sinners.
- We need a state strong enough to protect and maintain the rule of law but limited enough
not to violate it.
- We are meant to be free and responsible.
- When we’re free, we can create wealth and value.
- Culture comes before politics.
To read more about our Ten Principles, go here.