#Election2020: Joe Biden Thinks All American Voters are ‘Chumps’
Joe Biden thinks you are a “chump.” Not just Trump supporters. Every American voter.
First, we go to Biden’s rally Saturday in Bucks County, Pa. Well, it was supposed to be a Biden rally, but more Trump supporters than Biden supporters showed up. And they were noisy.
Joe was not pleased. Like the crotchety old guy down the street who calls the police if your football pass lands in his yard, Biden lost it. “Chumps,” he called the voters on the other guy’s team.
WATCH: Joe Biden insults Pennsylvanians who don't support him, calls them "chumps" pic.twitter.com/QvHgk7nppH
— Trump War Room – Text TRUMP to 88022 (@TrumpWarRoom) October 24, 2020
Actually, he did it twice.
And the hashtag #ChumpforTrump was born. Indeed, our first instinct is to laugh and embrace the label. Deplorables 2.0.
Less funny is what we learned from Thursday’s debate. And from the evidence that Joe has been lying about his involvement in his son’s business dealings. We know now that Joe Biden was “the big guy” insisting on his cut, “the chairman” who consults and signs off on all Hunter’s seamy foreign influence deals. Joe knows the proof is out there now. But he doesn’t worry. Because he thinks a majority of American voters are chumps.
Let’s look at some examples from just the past 72 hours:
- Biden on fracking. Biden flat-out denied during the debate he’d ever promised to ban that booming business, despite the string of video evidence of him promising that to Democrats with his very own mouth.
- In the debate, Biden vowed to phase out the whole fossil fuel industry … then claimed later that all he would cut were subsidies for oil companies. Again, roll the tape.
- Biden says it is “crass” for Trump to bring up Hunter’s business dealings … even though Biden was directly involved in unmasking and surveillance of Don Jr, and helping to re-ignite the Russia Hoax that got Trump falsely impeached.
- More than a million Americans who’d lost their insurance thanks to Obamacare watched stunned, as Biden told them that they hadn’t.
The string of astounding falsehoods goes on and on. “Who are you gonna believe — me, or your own damned eyes?” That’s a line from a Marx Brothers movie. A line Groucho uses on … a chump.
These Chumps Will Accept Its Just Russia Fiction
Biden thinks you voters are chumps when it comes to the Biden Family Scandals. He thinks you’ll just stumble ahead and zombie-like pull his lever DESPITE:
- His own business partner coming forward to say that Joe was intimately involved in the Biden Family business.
- Emails and texts proving Hunter was paid millions to use his “influence” to gain White House access for Chinese clients.
- Proof there is a direct line between Burisma hiring Hunter to help end its legal issues and Joe Biden blackmailing the Ukraine president. And getting the pesky prosecutor investigating Burisma fired.
- All the emails Hunter’s imprisoned partner Beven Cooney handed over, further laying out Biden Inc’s activities.
- The proof in the U.S. Senate that Chinese operators gave the Bidens $5 million, sent to a shell company created by Hunter, who then transferred the money to his law firm.
- The solid conclusions of the DNI, FBI and DOJ that there is zero hint the Russians had anything to do with Hunter’s laptop.
- The echoing crickets we hear when anyone on the Biden team faces the question: Is even a single text, email or photo from the Hunter laptop fake?
Joe Biden stood on that stage Thursday night, and declared that he and his son were pure as the driven snow and everything being talked about had been concocted by the Russians. The Russians.
He thinks you chumps are dumb enough to believe it. He thinks your Trump Derangement Syndrome has so infected your brain that you’ll simply nod along, slack-jawed. That you simply do not care that he lied through his teeth, and has made a fortune parlaying his positions into vast wealth for his family. That it’s okay with you that he has been so thoroughly compromised by the Chinese that he is a risk to national security.
His Campaign Thinks You’re a Chump, Too!
His campaign thinks you’re a chump, too. In a statement, they say:
Joe Biden has never even considered being involved in business with his family, nor in any overseas business whatsoever. He has never held stock in any such business arrangements nor has any family member or any other person ever held stock for him.
Notice this different than Joe’s denial. He said that he’d never even talked business with his son or brothers. But notice also the wordplay. Nobody’s talking about him owning legal “stock.” (That’s for above-board businesses.) They’re saying he had a “stake.” He got a cut.
When campaigns get cute with words it’s because they think you aren’t as clever as they are. They think you’re a chump.
The Media Helps Biden Keep the Truth From Us Chumps
There’s a good reason for Biden’s arrogance. He knows his pals in the media will protect him at all costs. NPR, as we reported last week, calls the Biden Inc stories broken by the The New York Post’s “distractions.” Won’t report on it at all. Aren’t even bothered that the nation’s oldest paper has been blocked on Twitter.
Liberal journalist Piers Morgan called out the media for its failure to address the allegations from Biden family business partner Tony Bobolinski and the evidence on Hunter’s laptop. He said they are ignoring the story because the revelations might cost Democrats the election.
His reward? Having a long-scheduled appearance on CNN’s Reliable Sources today suddenly cancelled. That is Brian Setzer’s show, supposedly about the news media. Piers Morgan, a former CNN host, must be a chump too, right, Brian?
Greg Greenwald caught a perfect example in a Washington Post editorial: “We must treat the Hunter Biden leaks as if they were a foreign intelligence operation — even if they probably aren’t.”
One of the clearest and most important sentences you'll read, showing how US media really works, from WashPost op-ed by @RidT:
** "We must treat the Hunter Biden leaks as if they were a foreign intelligence operation — even if they probably aren't." **https://t.co/T7LUOvorlI
— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) October 25, 2020
That from the newspaper whose greatest claim to fame is uncovering the Watergate scandal.
Here’s the Good News: Americans are Not Chumps
Here’s the bad news for Joe Biden. Americans are not chumps. When they smell a rat, you can’t tell ‘em it’s rotisserie chicken. They may sample a drop of snake oil, but in the end, they do not buy it. When they see a Lizard Creature of the Swamp, you can’t tell ‘em it’s the Lady of the Lake.
On Saturday, Joe Biden called Americans “chumps.” In nine days, Americans — red, purple and even blue — will show him to the dumps.
Al Perrotta is the Managing Editor of The Stream and co-author, with @JZmirak, of The Politically Incorrect Guide to Immigration. You can follow him at @StreamingAl. And if you aren’t already, please follow The Stream at @Streamdotorg.