Trump Announces Class Action Suit Against Facebook, Twitter and Google
“The American people’s birthright of freedom must prevail against Big Tech and other forces that seek to destroy it,” former President Donald Trump declared Wednesday. “Through this lawsuit we are standing up for American democracy, by standing up for free speech rights of every American.”
With that, Trump announced he was leading a class action lawsuit against Facebook, Twitter and Google and their CEO’s Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey and Sundar Pichai.
“There is no better evidence that Big Tech is out of control than the fact that they banned the sitting President of the United States earlier this year, a ban that continues to this day,” said Trump.
It’s Not About Trump, But All Those Being Quashed by Big Tech, Conservatives and Liberals Alike
The suit is not just about him, but the countless citizens stifled by Big Tech.
“We’re demanding an end to the shadow banning, a stop to the silencing, a stop to the blacklisting, vanishing and canceling that you know so well.” The suit will be seeking injunctive relief, “restitution, restoration” of accounts and punitive damages.
During the press conference from his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club, Trump introduced others who have been victimized by Big Tech censorship. These included a young woman banned for asking about COVID masks and parents banned for posts about protecting the border after their child was killed by illegal immigrants.
Trump also noted how “Google and YouTube have deleted countless videos that dare to question the judgement of the World Health Organization which has been wrong so often.”
How You Can Join the Lawsuit
America First Policy Institute is partnering with Trump on the lawsuit, which was filed in Southern Florida. AFPI President and CEO Brooke Rollins said those who have been censored or banned by Big Tech can join the lawsuit by going to TakeonBigTech.com. That link directs to AFPI’s Constitutional Litigation Partnership website and a place to share your personal story.