The ‘POTUS Shield’ Descends on Washington to Pray for Trump, State Governments
No human can change America, 'but we know God can and will do it,' said Dr. Alveda King.
A group of faith leaders and prelates gathered Thursday in Washington, D.C., to “storm heaven” in prayer for President-elect Donald Trump a week prior to his inauguration. On Friday, they prayed in small groups at the White House, the Capitol, and the Supreme Court.
The “POTUS Shield,” as they call their movement, seeks to “raise up a shield of prayer and prophetic understanding” and lead attendees in prayer, intercession, declarations and decrees over the White House, the Supreme Court and Capitol Hill, the group says on their website. “As some of the faith leaders and prophets that first heard and declared the will of God for this election process, and specifically the breaker anointing upon Donald Trump to usher in a new era; we are now assembling to humbly invoke the voice of the Lord.”
The faith leaders include E.W. Jackson, Lt. General Jerry Boykin, Bishop Harry Jackson, Dr. Alveda King, Lance Wallnau and Cindy Jacobs, among others. These leaders, says the group’s homepage, “are especially gifted to help discern and present spiritual plans to prepare the way for transformation, reformation, and revival in our nation.”
“We’re really not looking for Mr. Trump or any human to change America, but we know God can and will do it,” Dr. Alveda King, director of Civil Rights for the Unborn, told CBN News at the gathering.
The group’s mission is to be “prayerfully committed to see, to hear, to declare and decree, and to prepare the way for transformation, reformation and revival of our nation,” with the following key principles in mind:
- To assemble, structure and activate The POTUS Shield as a powerfully interactive spiritual, apostolic, prophetic force that acts and reacts in unity, with efficiency and expedience;
- To be a leadership forum that is inclusive and embraces the Bible believing Body of Christ, with a Kingdom heart to embrace the Body of Christ as One, even as prayed by our Lord as written in the Gospel of John, Chapter 17.
- To connect as an apostolic network exclusively assigned to the affirmation and reformation of The United States of America as ONE nation under GOD;
- To discern, declare, and decree the strategies of the Lord for our nation, with a special sensitivity to the three branches of the United States Government;
- To prepare the way and coordinate the simultaneous spiritual alignment of the Kingdom shift that is manifesting and impacting the government and the Church;
- To lay the foundation to convene in Philadelphia in March during Purim to declare a renewed covenant as the renewed United States of America, as one nation under God, and to commission and plan similar covenants in each of the 50 states in the Union.
Pastor Leon Benjamin from Richmond addressed some of the concerns of the African-American community about the Trump administration. “We must believe for the best,” he told CBN News. “It doesn’t matter who is in the White House as long as there is faith that God has not forsaken us and that He has not left us because of a transition of power. That would be dreadful for us as pastors and leaders to say ‘Oh my God, we’re doomed now!’ So we’re very hopeful.”
POTUS Shield will now begin to focus their prayer on state capitals and agencies.