José L. Trasancos, Ph.D. is the President of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Children of God for Life.
José was born the first child of José and Mercedes Castañeda Trasancos in Havana, Cuba. He began his association with Children of God for Life, Inc., in November of 2020, elected to the Board of Directors and elected to serve as Chief Executive Officer.
He has over thirty years of experience in business, with concentrations in executive leadership, business unit leadership, research and development, operational and organizational transformation, product management and finance.
José has served as the Chief Product, Pricing and Data Integrity Officer for GMAC Holdings, Inc., Sr. Vice President and Chief Personal Lines Officer for Utica National Insurance Group, Vice President of Research and Development for The Hanover Group, Business Unit General Manager for Progressive Corp. and several other roles of similar responsibility during his career.
He has advanced degrees in Mathematics (Air Force Institute of Technology, Ph.D., University of Akron, MS), Applied Analytical Methods (Cornell University – The Johnson School of Business, E.MS) and Political Science (University of Akron, MA). He is credentialed in two Operational Quality disciplines (Six Sigma – Master Black Belt, and TQM).
Boards and Affiliations
- Director, MedBlob, Inc., Cambridge MA. Medical informatics
- Director, Earnix, Inc. Ramat Gan, Israel. Analytical and process management software products
- Former Director, Analytics Advisory Board, The SAS Institute, Cary NC. Analytical and data management software, education and consulting
- Former Director, Insurance Institute of Indiana, Indianapolis IN. Industry advocacy, legislative and regulatory
- High Master classification in three classes of competition, NRA
José is a naturalized American citizen. He speaks English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
José is delighted and blessed to be working alongside his wife, Stacy, advancing pro-life causes, advocating for the preservation of human dignity and fighting to end the use of aborted fetal tissue in science and commerce. José and Stacy live in Hideaway, Texas, surrounded by their five children, one granddaughter (one of six grandchildren), two German Shepherds and a Bassett Hound.