Only One Month Away! Christians Engaged Hosts WAKE UP! Conference Sept. 23-24
Stream readers get discounted tickets to an exciting event in Dallas/Fort Worth area headlined by Eric Metaxas, Dr. Robert Jeffress, Congressman Chip Roy, with a special appearance by Stream Senior Editor John Zmirak.
Christians around America are waking up. We can’t sit on the sidelines any longer.
God is breaking down walls between denominations, races and generations and uniting us around a mission of prayer and action for the nation we love.
America needs us, the Body of Christ, to be fully awake and engaged.
Join us at the Wake UP! Conference, September 23 and 24th in Dallas/Fort Worth. We have a special promo code for The Stream readers. Just put in THESTREAM for $15 off each ticket.
Come hear some of the top Christian voices in America as they inspire and educate us on prayer, voting and engagement for the wellbeing of our nation. This national conference is designed just for you — the awakening church.
We are excited to be hosted by Church in the City and Pastor Ryan Hankins in Rowlett, Texas, for an amazing Friday evening and all-day Saturday event.
Hosted by our discipleship ministry Christians Engaged, this conference is a unique experience where Jesus-loving government leaders and ministry leaders come together across denominational lines.
Not only are we going to hear from these amazing speakers who have important messages for America right now, but we are going to worship and pray together for our nation as one Church together. You don’t want to miss it!
Speakers at the 2022 Wake Up! Conference:
- Eric Metaxas — New York Times bestselling author of Bonhoeffer, Amazing Grace and Martin Luther, host of the Eric Metaxas Show on Salem Communications.
- Dr. Robert Jeffress — Senior Pastor at First Baptist Dallas, host of Pathway to Victory on TV and radio, Fox News contributor.
- Congressman Chip Roy — U.S. Congressman (TX-21 — San Antonio, Austin, Hill Country), former chief of staff to Senator Ted Cruz and former federal prosecutor.
- Elizabeth Johnston — “Activist Mommy” — blogger, speaker, and bestselling author with viral videos with over 100 million views.
- Congressman Michael Cloud — U.S. Congressman (TX-27 — Victoria, Corpus Christi) and former media director at Faith Family Church.
- Commissioner Wayne Christian — Current and 50th Texas railroad commissioner and former southern gospel band member of Mercy River Boys and Grammy finalist.
- Dave and Kris Kubal — Dave is president/CEO of Intercessors for America and author of Inspired Prayers. Kris is the marketing director for IFA.
- State Rep. Matt Schaefer — Texas state representative (HD 06) and pro-life hero.
- Will Ford — co-author of The Dream King, co-founder of 818TheSign.
- Matt Lockett — co-author of The Dream King, executive director of the Justice House of Prayer in Washington D.C., director of Bound4LIFE International.
- Rev. Rafael Cruz — minister of the Gospel and father of U.S. Senator Ted Cruz.
- Doug Stringer — president and founder of Somebody Cares America/International, author of Mending the Net, Leadership Awakening and more.
- John Zmirak — senior editor of The Stream, author of Politically Incorrect Guide to Catholicism and 12 other books.
- Senator Bob Hall — Texas State Senator (SD-2), conservative champion in the Texas Senate, retired commander in the U.S. Air Force.
- Judge Wayne Mack — Justice of the Peace in Montgomery County, Texas. Named the 2020 Justice of the Peace of the Year by the JP and Constable Association of Texas.
- Dr. Mark Turman — executive director of Denison Forum with Dr. Jim Denison, senior contributor for leadership and speaker.
- Ben Quine — consultant and co-author of Cornerstone Curriculum, author of the Answers for Difficult Days Bible study series.
- Clayton Brooks — songwriter and worship leader with incredible albums like Awaken the Dawn and Valley.
- And me, Bunni Pounds — president of Christians Engaged, former political consultant for 16 years, preacher of the Gospel and all-around fun gal.
Panels and Breakout Sessions
The conference program will have headline speeches, but also dedicated discussion panels with:
- Courageous pastors
- Government leaders
- Young adults under 30 who love Jesus and work in government and/or politics
- How to process the news of the day and pray through it
We will also have closed door “off the record” breakout sessions on Saturday morning to help you drill down on what you are passionate about and how to move forward practically to impact our nation. Join Members of Congress, county officials and organization leaders at these breakouts and ask all your questions.
- Influencing your federal government
- Impacting your state government
- Being salt and light in your city and county
- Breaking down racial and denominational walls in the Church
- Kingdom life: political activism and spiritual mission together
- Engaging with the pro-life movement
- Speaking the truth: American freedom for pastors and churches
- Intercession for government
Last year at our first national conference — we had 450 people in attendance. This year we are believing for 600 hungry people to join us as we merge prayer, worship, inspiration, and education together. Join us!
We have a special promo code for The Stream readers. Just put in THESTREAM for $15 off each ticket. So that is even lower!
We are keeping this conference affordable so you can bring your whole family, your Sunday school group, or your home group. We also have a great hotel rate at a local Home2Suites by Hilton, less than 10 minutes from the church.
Check out the full website on the Conference to see the full schedule, grab your tickets and secure your hotel room: thececonference.org
Sponsorships Help Fund the Ministry, Not Just the Event
As we move from a Texas based ministry to a national ministry — Christians Engaged is developing the first ever national communication system that is operated by the church and secured by the church to push the church out to vote in every election in all 50 states. Taking our successful model from Texas — where 72% of Christians who took our pledge to pray, vote and engage voted in the Texas primary in 2022, our non-partisan kingdom perspective and activation model will produce great results nationally during the midterms this year and the 2024 election cycle and beyond.
Along with our On-Ramp to Civic Engagement Seminar (6.5 hours) that we launched nationally this summer, we will also be releasing this year How to Be Salt and Light in Your Community. These on-demand video series enable any individual Christian, family, small group or church to go through them — regardless of location. Next year we will be releasing The Leadership of Nehemiah: How to Rebuild the Walls of a Nation and developing all the hard subjects that the Church must talk about — biblical justice, economics, Christian worldview and conduct, the sanctity of life and more.
See you Sept. 23-24 for the Wake UP! Conference! Grab your spots today: thececonference.org.
Bunni Pounds is president of Christians Engaged. She is a former congressional candidate, 15-year political consultant and motivational speaker.
Editor’s Note: Wait! Did she say The Stream‘s John Zmirak will be taking part? Yes, she did. Hanging out with John is so much more exciting than Six Flags. The Stream will also have a booth there. So, if you can, sign up, come by and meet us. Last year’s event was really powerful. This one will be even more so.